Hosted by John Tooley and Mike Rogers for home energy contractors, the 2018 Burlington Contractor Success Symposium in Burlington, VT features:
- Formal presentations,
- Participant-led discussion,
- Shameless commerce,
- And plenty of time for old-fashioned brain-picking with experts and peers.
For those of you arriving earlier enough, Mike will be hosting a chili and Heady Topper (and/or other local brews) reception at his house at 6pm on October 16.
A block of rooms has been at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Burlington at the rate of $199 per night. The block is open, extended until September 23, and a limited number of rooms are available at a reduced rate for those wishing to stay over enjoy the weekend in Burlington. Don’t wait! Hotels frequently sell out in October as people flock to Vermont (and the block won’t be extended past 9/23). Register at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Burlington is a nice town to walk around, and Mike doesn’t recommend a rental car during the Symposium (if you’re staying for the weekend and you would like to go exploring, you may want one). The area is served by Lyft and Uber, and a confusing array of cab companies. Mike recommends a taxi from the airport taxi stand–and a Lyft or Uber to get back to the airport.
Both days, the Symposium will be held 1/2 mile to 1 mile away from the hotel and is easily walkable if you prefer. The hotel is in the small downtown area of Burlington, and it’s easier to walk just about anywhere downtown that try to wrestle with parking.
After the official program, stick around and enjoy a Vermont beer tour, Vermont’s Fall foliage, hanging out in Burlington, or hiking in the Green Mountains as your heart desires.
- On Friday, October 19th, some of us will be hopping in a van to visit some of the finest breweries on the planet. (Some Heady Topper background reading to stimulate the palate.)
- On Saturday, October 20th, weather permitting, Mike will lead a classic hike up one of Vermont’s mountains, followed by another stop at a Vermont brewery.
- Self-directed leaf-peeping tours that people travel to Vermont from around the world are possible at your leisure.
- Just hanging out in Beautiful Burlington
For more information, please contact email@example.com.